June 10-13, 2013
Fuel Ethanol Workshop
St. Louis, MO
November 7-9, 2013
Equipment Manufacturers Conference
Amelia Island, FL
December 10-13, 2013
CSS 2013 & Seed Expo
January 28-30, 2014
International Feed Expo
February 17-19, 2013
National Ethanol Conference
February 22 - 25, 2014
Growth Energy Executive Leadership Conference
Las Vegas, NV
March 24 - 26, 2014
International Biomass Conference
Home > Contact Us > News / Events
News / Events
AGRA Industries Welcomes Wayne Mitchell
to Its Business Development Team
January 10, 2011 – AGRA Industries (AGRA) announced today that Wayne Mitchell has joined the AGRA team in a business development role. Wayne’s primary responsibilities will include developing a long term strategy for AGRA to maximize opportunities within the renewable energy sector. He will identify and analyze key market trends and establish strategic goals and business development opportunities for AGRA. Once major projects are completed, Wayne has the experience to manage the operations of these facilities to bring them to efficiency and profitability. Wayne brings a level of expertise and over 20 years of experience in developing and managing ethanol and renewable fuel projects. “I have known Wayne for many years and I am pleased to have him as part of our team.” said Pat Hinner, President.
In light of the EPA’s E15 Partial Waiver Decision allowing 15% ethanol for use in model year 2007 and newer light-duty motor vehicles only, coupled with the ever increasing rise in fossil fuel prices, AGRA has honed its focus to prepare for the anticipated increase in the demand for ethanol. The company also continues to actively research and forge relationships with renewable energy technology providers to help current and future customers find new ways to upgrade their ethanol facilities to make them more productive, efficient, and profitable. Most importantly, development of these new technologies is vital to support our nation’s ever increasing energy needs. AGRA believes Wayne Mitchell’s expertise and experience will be pivotal in the success of AGRA’s endeavors in this area.
AGRA Industries Inc. Breaks Ground on New Facility Expansion
- AGRA Industries Inc., which specializes in custom steel fabrication and construction, is expanding its 60,000-square-foot Merrill Fab manufacturing plant by adding 25,200 square feet and a new stainless-steel fabrication department.
- During the past 40 years, AGRA has created custom components for seed conditioning facilities, ethanol facilities, feed mills and grain handling or storage facilities.
- The expansion project, which is to allow the company to do more stainless steel tank construction, will not only employ local contractors, but result in the hiring of additional workers.
- Construction already has begun and is expected to be completed by January or February. Other updates to the facility include a 2,400 square-foot addition to the engineering and administration office.
- AGRA currently employs 100 people in engineering, fabrication millwrighting and administration.
- Prior to 1998, AGRA was known as Merrill Iron and Steel.
- The Merrill Area Chamber of Commerce will hold a ground breaking ceremony at 10 a.m. Thursday at the 1211 W. Water St. facility.
Pat Hinner - President of AGRA Industries accepts
Merrill Chamber of Commerce Recognition Plaque
Pat Hinner - President along with Key Personnel
Merrill Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors
break ground on new facility expansion in 2006.