|Home > About Us > History
1962 - Founded by Roger W. Hinner, Merrill Iron & Steel, Inc. started in a small facility on Tannery Road in Merrill, WI. Detailing, manufacturing, and installing steel steps (ﬁre escapes), tanks, and feed mill storage facilities were all part of the initial sales efforts.
1975 - Roger constructed a manufacturing facility located at 1211 West Water Street in Merrill, WI. The company, Merrill Iron & Steel, expanded to include two main lines of business. One line of business was focused exclusively on structural steel fabrication, and the other consisted of products manufactured for use in the agriculture industry.
1976 - Roger’s two sons, Pat Hinner and Bob Hinner, managed and expanded the agricultural business, increasing the product line to include the construction of complete seed plants and seed plant components such as: corn dryers, choppers, conveying systems, bulk storage units, conditioning towers, and other related areas.
1989 - Pat Hinner was appointed manager of the agriculture division.
1994 - The Hinner family purchased a manufacturing facility in Schoﬁeld, WI, resulting in the two divisions being physically split, with the structural division based in Schoﬁeld and the agricultural division based in Merrill, WI.
1998 - Roger W. Hinner retired allowing Pat and Bob Hinner to exclusively purchase the agricultural division of Merrill Iron & Steel. AGRA Construction, Co. was formed.
2001 - AGRA Industries, Inc. was formed. (Herein after jointly referred to as the “Company”) The Company is the parent company of: Merrill Fab, Inc. and AGRA Construction Company, Inc.
2006 - AGRA Industries, Inc. expanded fabrication capabilities and engineering capabilities adding 25,000 sq. ft of fabrication area and 2,500 sq. ft. of ofﬁce space for engineering and detailing to its Merrill, WI Corporate Ofﬁce and Manufacturing Facility.
2007 - AGRA applies for patent on new tank design and erection process.
2012 - AGRA's fabrication division, Merrill Fab, receives AISC Certification.